Our club’s values are Whanaungatanga kinship Rangatiratanga leadership Manaakitanga hospitality and Pārekareka fun.
- We promote the game of basketball among Māori of Tauranga Moana and local iwi namely Ngai Te Rangi, Ngāti Ranginui and Ngāti Pukenga.
- We support Māori of Tauranga Moana to play, coach, manage and referee basketball.
- We muster teams to attend the annual Māori National Basketball tournament.
- We encourage the use of te reo Māori among players, coaches, management and whānau.
- We encourage players to learn about their cultural identity, tikanga, haka, waiata and other cultural taonga.
- We promote a safe place to express who we are, to learn about things Māori, to create close friendships and to promote a sense of belonging and a love of basketball.
Designed by local artist Totaea Rendel the logo continues to grow and develop much like the club. Te Maru o Mauao literally means under the shelter of Mauao. Mauao being our eponymous ancestral maunga mountain. Three rays represent local iwi Ngāti Ranginui, Ngai Te Rangi and Ngāti Pūkenga. The unaunahi fish scale pattern represents direction and the ball is likened to a comet flying over Mauao.